Love me some tacos and this veggie version did not disappoint. The salsa from this dish is a show stealer!
- ½ pound shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 1 ear of corn—roasted in dry pan and sliced of the cob
- 1 large poblano pepper—roasted in dry pan until skin is black, peeled, diced (seeds optional)
- Scallion—cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 pieces of firm tofu—dried
- In large skillet, add ghee and melt.
- Add mushrooms and fry until crispy. Season as desired.
- Add corn, poblano, and scallion to pan and sweat all veg together. Adding more ghee as needed.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Meanwhile, season tofu as desired, brush with omghee, and grill or pan roast until crispy and browned. Slice.
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 charred jalapeno—roast in dry pan, peel black skin off, dice. (seeds optional)
- 2 roasted tomatillos—peel skin, and then roast until dark and bursting with juice, dice
- Olive oil
- Add everything to a food processor and chop until desired consistency. Adjust seasoning with lime juice and salt. Adjust consistency with water if too thick.
- Heat on open flame until pliable
- Assemble tacos, serve with lime wedge, cilantro, and any other desired garnish.