This super easy Salmon and Asparagus Easter themed recipe will have you feeling good after the annual chocolate binge.
Let’s face it, a major chocolate binge can leave you with either a dull brain and sugar coma or floating in la la land with a super sugar high and a sketchy nervous system. Either way this recipe with its secret weapon – ghee – can support you and calm down that insulin regulator you’ve freaked out to get you back on track. Ghee has grounding properties while at the same time perking up that sleepy sugar brain. Team it with Salmon, full of brain building Omegas, and you’ve got the perfect ‘food as medicine’ Easter pick me up to make like that chocolate binge never happened.
- 250g Salmon (skin on)
- Small bunch of Asparagus
- 1 Tablespoon of OMGhee
- Micro Herbs
- Squeeze of Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper
- Pinch of #Joy, Love & Intention
How to – Easy step by step instructions.
- Prepare your asparagus, by removing the tough part of the stalk (usually the bottom centimeter or so) – We’re going to be leaving them whole for this recipe.
- Bring your frying pan to high heat and add your OMGhee.
- Ghee has a super high smoking point so you don’t need to worry too much about how high the heat goes. (Don’t burn the house down though!)
- Add your Salmon to the pan skin side down. You’re going to get the skin nice and crispy in the first part of this cook.
- After 1 – 2 mins turn the heat down to medium and if your skin is crisp, turn your salmon and continue to cook until the fish is flakey and falls apart (or to your liking).
- Remove Salmon and allow it to sit.
- Turn the temperature up to high, add your asparagus to the pan and toss in the Salmon juice and ghee until heated through (about a minute).
Serve the salmon and asparagus, throw some micro herbs on top to make it look pretty and up the vitamin intake. Squeeze some lemon, add salt and pepper to taste, and you’re good to go.
For all our favorite ghee recipes click here.