This dish is a personal favorite of mine. It pairs amazingly with white rice, cauliflower rice, bread, and naan among other things. It is great for meal prep also because you can store it in the fridge and then heat to cover your rice. This recipe may be edited a few times because my family helped me with this recipe and things sometimes get lost in translation. Plus no one measures anything because they’ve made it so many times.
We eat really spicy food so when it comes to the spices in this recipe please adjust or add to fit your own flavor profile.
- Dozen eggs
- 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon of @ottos_cassava_flour
- 3/4 of onions
- 1/4 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1 or 2 teaspoon of red chilling powder
- 1 or 2 teaspoon of coriander powder
- Half teaspoon of turmeric
- Half tablespoon green chili paste
- Half tablespoon of garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons of salt. More or less depending on your preference.
- 3/4 cup of water
1. Using medium heat, In a large pan add 1 tablespoon OMghee and 1 tablespoon Kasandrinos. You can double up on just ghee or olive oil if you prefer. I enjoy the blend.
2. Add 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds. 1 tablespoon of Otto’s cassava flour and mix. Wait for the cumin seeds to turn reddish brown. The flour is to thicken the gravy. You can eyeball this as you cook and add more if you prefer a thicker gravy.
3. Add 3/4 cup of diced onions and cook for a few minutes. Add 1/4 cup of diced tomatoes and cook for a few more minutes.
4. Press/mash all ingredients using a potato masher
5. Add red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric, green chili paste, garlic paste, and salt. We eat really spicy food so remember what I said above!
6. Add the boiled yolks along with 3/4 cup of water. Mash with potato masher.
7. Cook for roughly 5 minutes and allow the liquid to reduce and the gravy to thicken. The time could be shorter or longer and you just have to eyeball it. This is a good opportunity and gauge if you need to add any more spices. Turn up the heat and get it to a boil.
8. Once it hits a boil add the egg whites and mix around.